Luxury Vinyl Flooring With McFarland’s Flooring and Encounters
Standard vinyl provided homeowners an affordable and stylish option for flooring for years. However, some areas needed improvement. That’s why developers made upgrades to vinyl and introduced luxury vinyl flooring (LVF), which quickly became one of the most popular affordable flooring options in America (after laminate).
At McFarland’s Flooring EnCounters, we offer a wide range of luxury vinyl flooring design options in both planks and tiles.
Benefits of Luxury Vinyl Flooring in Tacoma, WA
If you’re thinking about redoing the floors in your home, you may want to consider going with luxury vinyl. Here are some benefits of this flooring option.
One of the most attractive aspects of luxury vinyl flooring is that it fits into most budgets. Depending on the style you go with, you can expect to pay $2–$7 per square foot.
This price range puts luxury vinyl in the “second-tier” of flooring materials. You can compare the price range to those of high-end materials:
- Marble: $15–$20 per square foot
- Exotic hardwood floors: $12–$22 per square foot
- Ceramic: $5–$15 per square foot
It’s also essential to remember that high-end flooring materials generally cost more to install as well.
2. Easy to Maintain
Active families need a floor that won’t stain and cleans easily. Luckily, luxury vinyl is family- and pet-friendly. Care requires regular sweeping and mopping. If something spills on the floor, it won’t get stained. Water also won’t morph the floor. Finally, the appearance holds up for years.
If you do need luxury vinyl flooring repair, they are simple and inexpensive.
Everyone wants new flooring to look good. Luckily, vinyl provides an attractive appearance in a wide range of colors and designs, perfect for the interior designer inside of you.
While not as dynamic as actual wood or stone, vinyl can even match other materials quite convincingly.
Luxury Vinyl and Laminate
Luxury vinyl flooring offers a thicker, longer lasting, and more attractive option at a very slight increase in cost than standard vinyl flooring.
Both luxury vinyl and laminate are easy to care for. They also have about the same life expectancy as well as similar price tags. Vinyl mimics natural stone and wood better than laminate. Vinyl is also better in rooms with high moisture, such as the bathroom or kitchen.
McFarland’s Flooring EnCounters
We at McFarland’s Flooring EnCounters have serviced the Tacoma, WA, and surrounding areas for over 30 years. We strive to provide the best service in the area because our family-owned business is also a part of the community.
Call today for answers to your flooring questions or to get a free estimate!
Care and Maintenance for Luxury Vinyl Laminate
Luxury Vinyl floors have a durable finish that is designed to provide years of protection and easy care. Some simple care and maintenance procedures will help to keep your luxury vinyl floor looking its best and help to protect it from unnecessary wear and damage.
- Sweep or vacuum the floor regularly to keep it clean and free of dust, sand and other abrasive materials.
- Place area rugs or doormats at entryways to help prevent sand, grit, oils, dirt and other abrasive materials from being tracked onto the floor surface from outdoors.
- Place protective mats at high-use work areas such as sinks, ranges, service counters and workstations.
- Your new luxury vinyl flooring is not affected by water but it is always a good idea to wipe up any moisture on the floor quickly so that it does not work its way into any other areas where it may cause damage or cause a slipping hazard.
- Ensure that environmental conditions are maintained with a temperature range of 65-85°F (18-30°C) and humidity at 30- 50% at all times. Problems resulting from exposure to improper environmental conditions are not covered by the product warranty.
- If the floor is installed over a radiant heating system, never allow the surface temperature of the floor to exceed 82°F (28°C). Avoid dramatic temperature changes; always adjust the system gradually in 5° increments. It is recommended that a dedicated quick recovery thermostat be installed to allow the temperature of the radiant heating system to be accurately controlled.
- Put felt protector pads on the feet of all furniture, display stands, file cabinets and other accessories that will be placed directly onto the floor surface.
- Inspect regularly for wear and replace as necessary.
- Avoid letting sharp or pointed objects come into contact with the floor surface.
- In areas where direct or extreme sunlight occurs use window coverings or drapes to avoid overheating the flooring and prevent fading.
Luxury Vinyl comes with a UV coating to reduce the effects of the sun however in areas where prolonged or extreme sunlight occurs use window shades or drapes to reduce exposure. It will not only help prevent the environment and floor from overheating, it will also help to prevent fading or discoloration to the surrounding furnishings, artwork and flooring.